A Brief Tutorial For Writing A High School Essay About Performance Art
Sometimes in high school students are required to write essays to test and sharpen their writing skills. It’s also a good way to get in some practice for writing your college entrance paper. So it’s best to put your very best effort into it. Here are some simple steps you can take to get you started in the right direction and give you guidelines to finish as well.
- Make sure you understand the proper structure to use. Your performance art paper will have an introduction, a number of paragraphs in the body, and a conclusion. The number of body paragraphs is exactly equal to the number of main points you want to make. If your teacher has assigned a 5-paragraph essay, then you will have 3 paragraphs in the body and you must find 3 main points about your topic that you can support and validate.
- There is an expected structure within each paragraph. They must meet certain requirements. For example, begin with the statement that’s the main point of the paragraph. Next, explain the idea to the reader. Why did you include it? Why is it important? Give an example. This is a great way to illustrate your point to the reader.
- Make an outline from the notes you write down as you do your brainstorming or your reading. These notes will show you at a glance the important points to cover in your paper. Organizing them into a logical order by using an outline is a great idea.
- Use the outline to show you the next step, and start writing. Write in the same order as your outline. This keeps you on the right road and helps you not to deviate in your writing.
- Edit and proofread. It’s best to get someone to help you do this step. Don’t get tempted to leave it out. There are always little things to clean up and you only find them when you’re proofreading. Since it’s easy to miss your own mistakes, ask someone else to read it over for you.
Following this simple guide will help you feel confident about your own writing abilities. As you keep doing this, your writing skills will improve. Since you will probably write a fair number of papers over your academic career, this is a valuable skill to have.
Copyright © ReadTheApple.com.